We are pleased to announce the release of Kwant 1.4, the result of a year and a half of development.
Highlights of the new release:
- Adding magnetic field to systems, even in complicated cases, is now specially supported.
- The KPM module can now calculate conductivities.
- The Qsymm library for Hamiltonian symmetry analysis has been integrated.
- The handling of system parameters has been improved and optimized.
- Plotting has been improved, most notably through the addition of a routine that plots densities with interpolation.
- Installing Kwant on Windows is now much easier thanks to Conda packages.
All these and other improvements that are detailed in the what's new in Kwant 1.4 document. The new version is practically 100% backwards-compatible with scripts written for previous versions of Kwant 1.x.
The following people contributed code to this release:
- Anton Akhmerov
- Paul Clisson
- Christoph Groth
- Thomas Kloss
- Bas Nijholt
- Pablo Pérez Piskunow
- Tómas Örn Rosdahl
- Rafał Skolasiński
- Dániel Varjas
- Joseph Weston
We would like to hear your feedback at email@example.com.